Friday 1 October 2010

October Challenge

A very good morning to you all.

We had another bumper month in September with more wonderful entries, you seem to raise the bar every month and keep showing us what a talented bunch you are out there.

So are you all ready for a new challenge ? I do hope so because we have a really seasonal one for you with a little twist:

Autumn Breezes, Buttons and a Bow(s)

I know I'm a real bore, but I so love the beautiful vibrant colours of Autumn. I realise there have already been a few challenges with this theme lately, but I just know from looking around blogland that it's a theme so many of you enjoy and myself and the Design Team are itching to be let loose on your blogs and see what you pull out of the hat.

And for one lucky winner the wonderful Sir Stampalot are offering an absolutely fabulous collection of goodies which include some wonderful stamps and and so many other yummy things:


14 sheets of autumnal glittered double-sided, patterned paper from Best Creations......Ribbon in autumn shades......Felt leaves from Hero Arts......Cherry Blossom flowers from Magnolia......New Tilda stamp design......Autumn Gildenglitz metallic gilding leaf......Quicke glue pen, 2 pots of sparkly fluff.......Stampendous Silver Diamond Dots......3 tubes of pearlised embossing powder in lovely autumnal shades......Painty pens in essential colours of white, black, silver and gold......Cherry Brads, Coffee and Cream buttons – yum yum......Golden mini mosaic self-adhesive tiles......Bare Tree punch from Paper Shaper......Floral Clear stamp set......“When Autumn Comes” stamp from Stamps Happen......Leaf Tile from Rubber Soul......Tree Tile from Rubber Soul......Cat in Leaves stamp......Cats in the Night stamp......Diddy flower stamp......And the new embossing folder set from Tim Holtz – Branch Tree and Tall Pines

We are so pleased to welcome another Guest Designer this month, Issy who I am sure many of you will have met in blogland and seen her beautiful artwork. This is what Issy has to say about herself:

I think I was crafting in one form or another from the pram and I have been Papercrafting for more years than I care to remember, looking back my sister and I used to cut out pictures from the 1950s clothes catalogue and the womens weekly, and glue them onto a cardboard box with flour and water paste, and when they were completetly dry paint them with a coat of coloured furniture varnish which gave them an antique look. "Our treasure boxes" we called them and what I first knew as decoupage.

I started doing it seriously when I saw a picture of a card which had hand made paper flowers made from punches and I thought how beautiful and from then on I was hooked and it is still my favourite medium for any project. I have since progressed to stamping and all sorts of colouring mediums. Although I do love the distressed look, I somehow manage to get ink everywhere..... so these projects are few. I learn something new everyday from fellow crafters, and I thank all crafters for sharing all their knolwedge. Without them non of us would progress.

This is what Issy has created for us this month:


And here is some inspiration from the Design Team who have really pulled all the stops out this month with an absolute feast of all things Autumnal. If you click on their names you can visit their own blogs and see how they made their projects.

Brenda


Chris

Clare


Francesca



Lorraine



Pinky


Sally



Tracy



27 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fab DT creations, thanks for the inspiration!

Hugs
Maarit

Jacee said...

Lovely DT cards and a super theme for the challenge, hope you like my efforts.

Von said...

Love work from the DT team and a lovely theme :)
Von x

Hannapanna said...

Great challenge and beautiful creations from the DT. :)

jenny said...

Thanks for a great challenge and I love all the DT creations x

Jenny x

Dorcas said...

Hi! I'm number 17 and got the challenge theme wrong.(must have been looking at another one.) Igot it right the first time but had too many challenges so made another one but got the theme wrong. Go ahead and delete me. If I get time, I'll do another one before it closes.

cheryl said...

Hi guys I may not be eliglable for this challenge as i have used buttons,but no ribbon,just string so please ignore mine if it is not right hugs cheryl x
stunning DT work though

Sue B said...

Hi I hope I qualify for the challenge by using one button with a bow? I tried adding more than one button but it just didn't look right. It definitely qualifies for the Autumn Breeze bit with all those leaves swirling around! I really enjoyed making this card. I love this time of year and hope I managed to capture the beautiful colours of Autumn.

Leah l'Orange said...

a little nervous - this is my first time entering here! thanks for a fun challenge - i had JUST the button for this one. wonderful, WONDERFUL samples from the DT - so much inspiration!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Inspirational work by the DT, and a superb theme to work with. Thanks so much - hugs, Sylvia x

Linda . J said...

Beautifull DT creations and thank you for the challenge.
Hugs Linda

Loopylou. said...

omg! gorgeous cards ladies, love them all, hugs Lou xxxxx

VĂ©ro said...

Hello!It's the first time I take part to this wonderfull challenge.I love the theme you chose!Thank you so much!

Beryl said...

What fabulous inspiration from the DT. A lovely theme too.
Beryl xx

Sandra P said...

I'm in! Great challenge :)

Now just to find the time to pop by and check out the wonderful DT work! LOL

Hugs,
Sandra P

XxJULESxX said...

gorgeous DT samples! i enjoyed doing this challenge thank you!

Unknown said...

stunning cards Ladies.
Crafty Chris x

Rachel said...

Gorgeous DT cards Ladies - I'm a bit late this month, but made it at last!
Wedgie xxx

Gini said...

Oh my goodness some amazing inspiration from the design team!
My first time with your challenge, thank you so much.
Gini
XX

Tine said...

Great work from the DT. Glad to be able to join you again this month.
Tine :)

Snabbscrapparen said...

I love all the DT work and the atumn colors are faboulus to create with!

Linapyssel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen said...

Love all the DT cards such good inspiration.
Kath x

Debbie said...

Thank you for a lovley challenge, dt work is lovely too. Debbiexx

Nancie Quah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancie Quah said...

Love the DT creations. Excited to post my Autumn Fun for the challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Just posted my entry. So excited - it's my first time! Hope it qualifies - had a heck of a time trying to get that bow in!! :)