Tuesday 1 March 2011

March challenge

Hello everyone, dare I say "Spring is in the Air" ?

I certainly hope so as that's the theme for this months challenge and we would like to see fresh greens, yellow and/or blossom pinks on your work.

I just love spring, all the fresh growth that appears as if by magic and every year I never fail to be amazed by the wonder of Nature and what better way to celebrate it's beauty than through our crafting.

And if you are need of any inspiration, pop along to the "What's New" secion of Sir Stampalot's web site where you will find all the new Hero Arts, Penny Black and Art Impression Spring stamp releases, some absolutely beautiful new DP's from Scribble Scrabble.......yes I succumbed to quite a few...... and of course all your regular crafting needs.

Before I tell you about this months prize, I want to say a few 'public' words to my DT..........as some of you might know, I have not been able to blog or craft for about six weeks now due to a relapse in my MS so am sorry I have did not comment on any of your entries in February. I think I am on the mend now, but would like to take this opportunity to thank all of my Design Team for their wonderful support in ensuring the challenge kept running smoothly and visiting you all.....I'm sure you will agree they are a fabulous bunch.

And talking about the Design Team, it is with great sadness that I tell you that Lorraine has decided to step down from the team. She has not been in the best of health for some time and decided that she needs to take some time out, we all wish you well Lorraine and thank you for all your commitment to Stampalot Challenge over the past year. But before she left, Lorraine still came up with some lovely pieces of work for our March challenge, please do pop over and visit her, I know it will cheer her no end.

Finally, just a few words about the challenge rules.......I hate to bang on about them but there are still a few who either don't read them or think we won't notice if they enter dozens of challenges with their entry......or even add more after we have been to visit...tut, tut. When we select our winners and Top 3 we don't use Random Org., we select as a team, our favourites, which means every entry is visited again before we post the final winners. So please, for the benefit of all your fellow crafters the majority of who comply with the rules, take a moment to consider if your entry is valid and fits our rules.

This months winner will received this fabulous prize from Sir Stampalot......just look at those gorgeous cottage floral stamps and there's a super Easter set and lots more:


Now for a bit of inspiration from the DT who have come up with some superb and really varied takes on the theme:
A pink one, a yellow one



Chris
Sweet treat Tilda


Clare
Just for Mum
Swinging in the sun

The gardens in bloom


What an Adventure


Grasses in the breeze


A burst of Spring colour




44 comments:

patriziawithaz said...

Thanks for the chance to enter your challenge. It's lovely to be doing spring colours and it will certainly give us all a much needed lift after the winter gloom (oops! hope I haven't jinxed the lovely weather we are having today lol)

scrapperjulia said...

Beautiful Spring DT cards! Thanks for the fun challenge!

Donna said...

Cracking theme girls...I love spring so this is perfect for me...fantastic DT inspiration too :) Donna x

*Michaela* said...

Wonderful challenge! DT cards are faaaabulous!

*Michaela* said...

Oooopsie! Have to read the rules a little better. Sorry. I'll make a new card. Thanks for pointing that out to me.
Have a super lovely day!
Hugs,
Michaela

Judy said...

Love the DT cards, and thankyou for a lovely Challenge to work to. Hugs, Judy

Sarn said...

Hi everyone . . . great DT cards (as usual). Thanks for the nudge towards Spring!
Hugs, Sandra

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

lovely cards DT , bring on Spring. janex

Esther said...

I ahve really enjoyed using these yummy fresh colouors..thanks for the inspiration! Esther xx

Sherry said...

I have mine posted. Thanks for a great challenge. The dt did an awesome job!!

agapanthus said...

A lovely colour challenge for some great Spring cards - thanks! Best wishes Karen x

Pulsatilla said...

Wunderschöne Karte sind das geworden - Deshalb wird nun endlich Frühling! LG ANDREA

Rachel said...

A lovely challenge...these colours are so cheerful. Gorgeous DT cards. Wedgie xxx

Geri Urumova said...

I loved the theme and the DT card - lovely as usual.
I just wanted to say that the card I am entering in this challenge is only the last one of my blog post (as there they are three cards and the others do not follow the theme).
Thanks and happy women's day!
Geri

Lavender and old lace said...

thank you for running this great challenge,the design team have made beautiful cards so inpirational kind regards Dorothy x

Anonymous said...

Hi gals, I think my entry this month could have been a little better, I was a bit heavy handed with the ink and it's come out much darker than hoped....
Looking at your designs I feel a bit of a let down with the theme, sorry, my fault, I got so wrapped up with my image, it just didn't come together like I hoped....
Your designs are all beautiful, so inspiring and fit the theme perfectly...

x
Vicky

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Thank you, with entry #82 , I have linked to my post for a very springy yellow, card but it is the second one in this post and I wanted you to know this :) not the asian beauty but the springy tilda below with only 3 other challenge entries. Thank you again.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous cards from the DT and thankyou for a fabulous chalenge,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

sparklingblackrose said...

Gorgeous DT projects and thank you for the challenge :-)
Elaine-xxx-

Maureen said...

Lovely DT cards...thank you for the challenge!!

XxJULESxX said...

love the DT creations!!!! thanks for the challenge!

Fliss said...

Thanks for a great challenge, it makes you think Spring is here looking at the lovely DT artwork.
x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Gorgeous DT projects - lovely to see some spring colours after the long winter!
HUgs, Sylvia x

'The Crafting Owl' said...

Hi Ladies, lots of lovely inspiration. I've gone for the pinks this time... x

Fiona said...

My first time entering the challenge(#109) but it won't be the last :)

Fiona said...

I've now done the link back. Sorry for the omission, when I joined the Challenge last night I'd been struggling with a Blogger problem for 24 hours which I had finally resolved. I was so wrapped up in my success that I was totally unable to get my head round your instructions, which might as well have been written in Chinese! This morning, of course, they were crystal clear (did you perhaps translate them overnight?!)

Sue B said...

Great Challenge! Spring is definitely in the air now. I love the DT's cards, they are all gorgeous!

Hugs Sue xx

Dorthe said...

I am so sorry - the link in number 116 isnt the right - but i cant delete it... 117 is the right link.

Mary J said...

oops, sorry - just saw that we're only allowed to enter more than once if the projects are different - I've entered two cards - sorry! feel free to delete one - either #69 or #124!

Zoechaos said...

Well I was going to enter this month with my Scrapling but as I am not sure if my colours will past muster I'd better not.

Handcrafted by Helen said...

I am brand new to blogging and this is the first time I have entered challenges, so I am grateful for the opportunity to enter your challenge. The DT's cards are especially inspiring!
Thanks

Helen H xxx

Jojo said...

Whoops sorry Brenda I seem to have done something wrong. Not only have you got my entry for this month (137)but also a super-sized version (136)- at least it will stand out!! Great theme lets hope we get some nice spring days soon x

Miria said...

Hi,great inspirational DT cards! I'd like to let you that the card I'm entering is the 2nd one in my post, thank you Miria xx

Nancie Quah said...

Wonderful spring, wonderful DT creations and love to enter the wonderful challenge. Thanks

Melody said...

Lovely spring colors to work with!! Thank you!!

Susan said...

Yellows and greens are my favorite colors, so this was kind of easy for me. :) I am pleased with how it came out, and I hope you are also, it is combined with 4 other challenges. I may be back with another creation. :)
Thanks for the fun,
Susan

Kathleen said...

Great challenge and fabulous cards from the DT.

Kath x

LindaS said...

Oh I cant wait for spring so its a great idea for a challenge. Wonderful inspiration from your DT.

Annette said...

Lovely cards by the DT. Great choice of colours for the challenge, thanks.

ribenaruby said...

Really gorgeous work from your dt! Stunning. Ruby x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Really beautiful DT work, very inspiring! Hope I sticked to the rules...

Hugs
Maarit

Susan said...

Just listed my 2nd entry :)
thanks for the fun!
Susan

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Oh sorry about that... I think all I saw was `Spring`. Note to self `READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE POST` I normally run to see the beautiful DT work :) X

4rx said...

Yellows and greens are my favorite colors, so this was kind of easy for me. :) I am pleased with how it came out, and I hope you are also, it is combined with 4 other challenges