Friday 18 July 2014

$60 Heartfelt Creations prize this month


This month it's my (Brenda) turn to share two of my favorite projects from the last twelve months, it seems rather odd doing this as it's usually me who prepares the posts and it's fine showcasing the work of the other DT's but not so easy when it's my own.

It comes as no surprise to anyone who knows me that I am most comfortable crafting with inky fingers and lots of colour. At school I was never arty and in fact my art teacher gave up on my by the time I was about fourteen as it was apparent that I never enjoyed his lessons, so I was offered the opportunity to double up on cookery lessons which delighted me and led me to excel in something I actually enjoyed and which gave me the grounding for my future career. 

So it came as something of a surprise to me that when I fell into cardmaking by accident about fifteen years ago I actually enjoyed it - I wonder what my art teacher would make of that if he knew ?



I chose this piece from a post last August as one of my favorites as I adore the warm vibrant colours created with Dylusions which I love working with. It was a commission for one of my daughters for a TA who was leaving to travel the Far East so the brief was to reflect that part of the world in some way as well as being large enough for all the teachers and staff to sign - about 80 in total so a good volume of space required. The inside below contained several pages for the signatures and messages.


It was a little harder to choose my second piece as I have created a lot of scenic pieces which is probably my favorite type of crafting but in the end decided on this one from December using another favorite medium Pan Pastels, as I said in my post then it could be the scene at the end of my garden as like many of us I have fairies living there...........my blog isn't called Floral Fantasies for nothing !


Many thanks for taking a peep today and I need to remind you that this months 'Summer Blooms' theme will be running for another couple of week so still plenty of time if you have not joined in yet or want to share a second or even third piece with us, why not when there is a fabulous $60 prize to be won from Heartfelt Creations.

6 comments:

rachel said...

two stunning cards Brenda - absolutely gorgeous and bright - right up my street xx

SD pooja said...

Both the cards are Awesome !!

Jane said...

These are both gorgeous Brenda and it's funny how things turn out in life...your art teacher would be so delighted to see your wonderful talent now. Keep cool x

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Brenda,
I can see why these are your favourite creations, they are stunning works of art.
Smiles:)
Sue

Helen J said...

What amazing cards, a really good choice! I especially love the first one which I'm sure is still treasured by the recipient. I was never arty at school either so I know exactly what you mean about being creative coming as a surprise.

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW your fairies dancing scene is so wonderful!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects