Saturday 18 March 2017

Stampendous P107


Good morning Peeps, Brenda here with our mid month inspirational post where the Design Team are sharing their "go to stamp" and it's always a bit odd when it comes round to my turn and introducing myself, but here goes. 


Most of the team and those that know me could have predicted the stamp I would use for this post, it's been a standard joke for many years that when in doubt Stampendous P107 Agapanthus Cluster will pop up, I even use it in class sometimes as it remains a popular choice. 

I can't really tell you what it is about it that has such an appeal, but it's probably the sheer simplistic elegance and the fact it fits just about any style of card and works particularly well alongside an inspirational quote and and stands out so well against an inked background. And it's wood mounted which are by far my preferred choice, I know they are bulky and take up room and I guess if I was not fortunate enough to have such a large craft room I might have to re-think that one.

It's been my favourite stamp for many, many years and was one of the first I bought. This might be cheating a bit as I have also used Penny Black 2695J Dance, Sing, Love which is my all time favourite Penny Black stamp, but I needed a sentiment on the card as well !!

So here is my offering using not only my favourite stamp/s but also Pan Pastels which are my go to medium of choice and I especially love these two colours together.


And if you needed any convincing how much I love the stamp, the above photo confirms.......now I know it's sad that I have two Stampendous P107's but I bought a second one a few years ago just in case it was ever discontinued..............and two is so helpful at classes !!

Thanks for taking a peek.

13 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautiful Brenda, and don't we all have out 'Go to' stamps, I know I do! The background is beautifully blended and I like the way that you've stamped the flowers in different colours, it's gorgeous. Wishing you a happy weekend. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Babs said...

Beautiful choice of colour Brenda, and the lovely sentiment which is a favourite of mine too, just works perfect with the lovely flowers.. Such a beautiful card, Have a lovely weekend.

Hugs Babs x

Lucy Patrick said...

Gorgeous card Brenda, I love that sentiment, your stamping and the inking. XOX Lucy

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous Brenda, we all NEED a 2nd of alot of things!!!!

Valerija said...

This is really pretty. I love your beautiful background and super sentiment.
Valerija xx

Sally H said...

That is gorgeous, Brenda! I love the colours you used too. Like you say, Agapanthus cluster is perfect for so many occasions and so elegant, and that quote is perfect alongside it. Yes, it was a predictable choice, lol, but the range of stunning cards you have made with them is endless xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing card Brenda!!! Love so much the soft blended colours and the delightful stamps you used!!! The agapanthus silouettes really pop out and are so beautiful!! Love the quote, too, one of my favourite ever!

Fikreta said...

its very beautiful card!

Viv said...

One of my fave stamps too B! Great job. xx

Gerrina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marjeta said...

As you say! This stamps are universal They are fabulous on your card.

Marjeta

Leanne Harris said...

Look at those "well loved" stamps Brenda! We all have our "go to" stamps and I am always drawn to faces! - I don't know why! faces or eyes! Love the blend on that background, xxxxx

Barb said...

A very beautiful card Brenda. I love the colours you've chosen and I can understand why that lovely sentiment is one of your "go to's" Barbxx