Monday 18 September 2017

Pinky's been hard at work with a dictionary !


Good morning Peeps, time to challenge another of the Design Team to try out something new and this month Pinky has been having fun with pencils and a dictionary, I will pass you over to her to tell us what she has been up to.

It's my turn for a bit of mid month inspiration and I took the chance to try something I have been wanting to have a go at for ages. I have been admiring lovely makes on Pinterest of people stamping on book pages so I took one of my kids (now all grown up) school dictionaries and decided to have a go.


I used memento rich cocoa to stamp the image and coloured it with spectrum noir pencils.
All blended with stumps and sansodor.


The stamp I used is from Woodward. I intend to make my way through all my stamps and end up with a book I can flick through when I need some inspiration.

My first finished page!

Not very exciting but I'm happy to have started. The paper in this dictionary is fairly thick so the pencil does not show through. Happy Stamping!

Thanks for sharing that Pinky, look forward to seeing more of your creations using this technique.

7 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What an adorable little mushroom house -- I love stamped book pages!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely mushroom-hause and beautiful colouring. Love the clever idea to fit an old book with stamps and treasured it for inspiration!!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is lovely Pinky and definitely something that I would like to try. It really adds interest to the page and you can still read it if you need too. It's always good to try new things and I love what you've done here. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

SewPaperPaint said...

What a fantastic background it makes! Hugs, Autumn

Fikreta said...

oh how great is this!

pinky said...

Thanks ladies for the lovely comments xx

Henry said...

I really like this beautiful stamped book pages!!! Such a cute mushroom-house you created:)
Henry