Wednesday 18 October 2017

Tracy's inky fingers


Welcome to our mid month post where the current challenge for the Design Team is to 'try something new' and this month it's Tracy turn to share, so I will hand you over to her:

"It's my turn to do the mid month inspirational post were we need to 'try something new'. So I have tried two different techniques. I normally shy away from inky projects, they do scare me! I think I'm what they call a clean crafter, so I got some inky fingers and watched a few tutorials and came up with this card and gift bag".


So I used Distress Inks to make my background, after I had stamped my images I coloured them in with a black pen to make them into silhouettes. 


I made a background paper by stamping fairy dust and adding sparkle.  I don't have a grass stamp so I drew it in.  I surprised myself with the result.


I used a different technique for this gift bag, I put my Distress inks onto an acrylic block and sprayed it to give a water colour look.  Then I embossed a dandelion and brought it to life with distress inks and Glamour dust, then stamped the smaller dandelion.  To finish off  I made a backgound paper.

There's probably room for improvement, but I enjoyed doing it even if I got very inky LOL!!

Many thanks Tracy, I am sure you will inspire other "clean crafters" to get inky.

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's very beautiful
Gr Karin

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, your cards are so magical and your "inky fingers" backgrounds look really wonderful!!

Crafting Queen said...

These are beautiful projects!

Sally H said...

Stunning Results, Tracy! All very beautiful and perfect for your beautiful stamps too