Thursday 18 January 2018

Joan's beautiful Peonies

Good morning and welcome to our mid month inspirational post where it's Joan's turn to share a technique that is new to her.

Don't forget that our 'Cold and Frosty Colours' challenge is in full swing and there is still plenty of time to join in if you have not managed to do so yet, or of course you can share a second creation with us.

Now I will hand you over to Joan...........................

"It's my turn to do the mid month and for my new to me technique I've tried stamp layering with mica powders, this is the card I made


It's a quite simple technique that gives a lovely shimmery layered flower using only a Versamark Ink pad some mica powder and two layering stamps. In this case I've used Altenew Peony stamps.


Stamp the base stamp onto dark cardstock with versamark ink


Add mica powder to the stamped image and brush off excess


Sorry but I forgot to take a photo of the next stage but all you need to do is take the next layer stamp you want to use, I used the 3rd one in the set, ink it up with Versamark ink and stamp it over the pearlised base you have already done, this stamping removes some on the mica and leaves the above image.  I just did another one and some leaves, fussy cut them and added them to my card".

Thank you so much Joan, a lovely and different way to use layering stamps.

8 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous flower beautiful card Brenda
Gr Karin

Barb said...

A beautiful card Brenda. It's a lovely technique. Barbxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great technique Brenda, I have to try this!! I have some mica powders, very neglected. :) Your card is just amazing!!!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Absolutely beautiful Joan. I love the way the flowers really stand out against the deep blue background, great technique. Sandra x x

Marianne said...

So pretty!

pinky said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Joan, love the colours.

Brawny x said...

Fab cardvx

Fikreta said...

so very nice card!
hugs