Sunday 18 February 2018

Viv takes on Brusho's


Good morning Peeps, popping in with our mid month inspiration which this time comes courtesy of  Viv and her venture into Brosho's - you'll be hooked Viv ! 


I have had my Brushos for quite a while. Have tried them a couple of times but my end results have not been good at all - so much so that I almost gave up with them. Then after having a chat with a blogging buddy, I realised that I am simply too heavy handed and ended up with more intense colour than I wanted - she suggested I try an alternative way of applying the Brushos to the paper. So off I went to try out the said technique.

I sprayed the watercolour paper first THEN added the Brushos instead of chucking the powder on first and then spraying which is what I had been doing before! Here is the result. I stamped over once dry and coloured the petals with watercolour pencils before adding the sentiment.

Am really pleased with how this turned out. The Brushos may be getting used some more!

Thanks so much Viv, looking forward to seeing more of your Bruso artwork.

8 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful colors. Love this card.

Jane said...

Very pretty Brenda, gorgeous colours. It's funny I never realised anyone added their water spray after powders! I add more water but have always wetted the card first...you can also control where you would like the colour to go that way too. You might already know, but they are cool to watercolour with too. Glad to see you have had fun. Happy Sunday xx

Fikreta said...

gorgoeus car!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Viv.

Sue xx

pinky said...

Beautiful work Viv, they are definitely on my wish list.

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful. Glad you persisted Brusho paints are so much fun.

Sarah said...

What a great fiery effect the Brushos have made Brenda, really stunning xx

Brawny x said...

A great card x