Saturday 3 March 2012

Word Verification


I'm sure those of you who are regular bloggers will have come up against the new style Word Verification which frankly is an absolute pain to read, often requiring several attempts to get the correct letters and you will know it takes much longer to get round your favourite blogs.

So imagine how hard it has become for those of us on Design Teams, as it means we don't always get to some of you because the time we set aside for commenting is wasted faffing about with Word Verification when we should be moving on to the next entry. So in future, much as we love visiting you all, we will no longer leave comments on blogs using word verification.  

If you are concerned about spam or unwanted comments, then comment moderation will allow you to  protect your blog, having Word Verification in place will not protect you. It's easy to switch off, but rather than go  over it again I suggest you go check out this excellent post on Ashley's blog. My thanks to Ashley for allowing me to link to you.

We are always happy to hear your views, so please do leave us a comment and let us know what you think.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

5 comments:

hellerlittle said...

oh Bev you´re so (!!!) right, I hate that new kind of verification and don´t leave my comments when this is using.
Have a great weekend
hellerlittle

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I am definitely in agreement. I truly detest this unnecessary gadget. In fact, I have now attached this logo to the top of my blog to ask everyone to turn it off. This week, I have navigated through it, but warned those who have it that they have it turned on (a lot of people don't realise) but next week I shall not attempt to get through. Have a good Word Verification week. xx Maggie

Tracey T said...

Well said! I'm only on a couple of DTs but it can be a nightmare when you know you've got to leave a comment and you can't read the WV text. I think people are under the impression that it offers more security than it actually does. Tracey x

Love crafts forever said...

I am soooo with you on this on.
Hugs Nataliya